Volatile Oils Most Important 50+ MCQs with Solutions
Pharmacognosy-1 4th Semester MCQ Volatile Oils
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following group of plants yield volatile oils?
a. Sesame, mustard, clove.
b. Clove, coriander, lemon peel
c. Clove, capsicum, ginger
d. Achorus, digitalis, saussurea
2. Which of the following plant DOES NOT contain essential oil?
b. Mentha peperita
3. Which of the following is the botanical name of Sweet flag?
a podophylum hexandrum
b. Emblic officinalis
c. Belleric myrobalum
d. Acorus calamus
4. What is the botanical name of Ginger.
a. Gingiber officinale
b. Rheum offocinale
5. Mentha piperita is the botanical name of…….
6. The scientific name of pudina is:
a. Mentha piperita
b. Cassia fistula
c. Terminalia chebula
d. Vinca roseus
7. The scientific name of Tulsi is:
a. Aloe vera
b. Ocimum sanctum
c Adhatoda vasica
d. Cordyceps sinensis
8. What will be obtained after the distillation of mentha piperata!
a. Camphor oil
b. Peppermint oil
c. Jatamanshi oil
9. Steam distillation is an extraction method of…..
c. Volatile oils
d. None of the above
10. On exposure to air and light, volatile oils get oxidized to form…
11.Terpenes are made up of unit.
12. Molecular formula for isoprene unit is:
a. Ca Ha
b. C3 Ha
C. Cs Ha
13. Which is NOT an example of ester volatile oil?
14. Cardamom belongs to family:
15.One of the chief active constituent of fennel is:
16.Chrysanthemum is mainly used as:
17. Which of the following drug is NOT an example of phenol volatile oil?
18.The major terpenoid in clove oil is:
19.How many isoprene units do triterpenes contain?
20. How many isoprene units do diterpenes contain?
21. How many isoprene units do monoterpenes contain?
22. Lemon grass oil is obtained from:
a. Cymbopogon flexuousus
b. Cinnamonum camphora
c. Eucalyptus globules
d. Chenopodium ambrosioides
23. Beta fonone is starting material for synthesis of:
a. Vitamin K
b. Vitamin B1
c. Vitamin A
d. Vitamin D
24. Cymbopogon flexuosus belongs to the family:
25. What is the chief constituent of peppermint?
26. In which family does cardamom belong to?
27. What is the chief active constituent of fennel?
28. What is the biological source of nutmeg?
a. Foeniculum vulgare
b. Coriandrum sativum
c. Myristica fragrans
d. Elettaria cardamom
29. In which family does nutmeg belong to?
30. Which of the following drug does NOT belong to family umbellifereae?
31. How much quantity of volatile oil does nutmeg contain?
a. 5 to 16%
b. 10 to 20 %
c. 15 to 25%
d. 20 to 30 %
32. How much quantity of volatile oil does fennel contain?
a. 3 to 7%
b. 7 to 10%
c. 10 to 13 %
d. 13 to 155
Note: The percent volatile oil content of volatile oil bearing plants are in approximate amount, the different references show variation to some extent in it’s amount. Therefore, readers are requested not to be confused with such variations.
33. Volatile oil in coriander should NOT be less than:
34. Extraction of essential oil is carried out by:
a. Soxhlet apparatus
b. clavenger’s apparatus
c. Rotavapour apparatus
d. Hot plate apparatus
35. The main active chemical constituent of eucalyptus oil is:
36. Sudan-III with volatile oil will give:
a. Red colour
b. Yellow colour
c. Pink colour
d. Black colour
37. Sesquiterpenes has formula:
38. What is the main terpenoid that peppermint contains?
39. What is the main terpenoid that clove oil contain?
40.Exhausted fennel is identified by the absence of:
41.Cinnamom bark DOES NOT contain:
42. The biological source of cinnamon is:
a. Cinnamomum zeylanicum
b. Cinnamomum cassia blume
c. Cinnamomum burmanii
d. Cinnamomum loireirii
43. Biological source of garlic is:
a. Allium sativum
b. Pinus roxburghii
c. Thymus vulgaris
d. Santalum album
44. The family of Ocimum sanctum is:
Note: Lamiaceae or Labiatae, also called as the mint family
45. ‘Holy basil’ is the synonym for drug:
a. Alpinia officinarum
b. Allium sativum
c. Nardostachys jatamansi
d. Ocium sanctum
46. Alkaloid present in black pepper is:
47. Drug which DOES NOT belong to Examination family Umbelliferae is:
c. Lavender oil
48. ‘Carvone’ is an active metabolite of:
a. Lemon peel
c. Pepper mint
49. Main source of cinnamon oil is:
50. Essential oils are also known as:
a. Volatile oil
b. Fixed oil
c. Mineral oil
d. Castor oil
51. The percentage of clove oil in clove should NOT be less than:
52. Which of the following is NOT found in clove?
b. Volatile oil
53. When transverse section of clove is treated with 5 % potassium hydroxide solution, it gives:
a. Strong odor of volatile oil
b. H₂S gas
c. CO₂ gas
d. Needle shaped crystals of potassium eugeonate
54. Clove oil is used in the manufacturing of:
a. Salicylic acid
c. Cinnamic acid
d. Benzoic acid
Note: Vanillin was commercially produced from eugenol until the 1920s
55. Which is NOT used as an adulterant for clove?
a. Mother clove
b. Blown clove
c. Clove stalk
d. Pale clove
56. The volatile oil, which is NOT belonging to aldehyde class:
a. Dill oil
b. Cinnamon oil
c. Lemon grass oil
d. Lemon oil
57. The oil, which has counter irritant property is:
a. Thyme oil
b. Turpentine oil
c. Peppermint oil
d. Orange oil
58. Drug which is NOT belonging to volatile oil class is:
c. Castor oil
59. Which of the following is the English name?
60. Botanical name of clove is:
a. Cymbopogan flexuosus
b. Nardostychys jatamansi
c. Eugenia caryophyllus
61.Gelidium ptericladia is the botanical name of……
For More Visit:-
Backbencher Notes, pharmacognosy 4th semester mcq, pharmacognosy 4th semester Volatile oils mcq, pharmacognosy 4th semester Backbencher Notes, pharmacognosy 4th semester b pharmacy, pharmacognosy mcqs with answers, pharmacognosy mcq, Pharmacognosy-1 4th Semester MCQ Volatile Oils, pharmacognosy mcq questions, pharmacognosy mcq questions with answers, pharmacognosy 4th semester volatile oils, pharmacognosy 4th semester, pharmacognosy d pharm 1st year, pharmacognosy d pharma 1st year, pharmacognosy 4th semester b pharmacy, pharmacognosy and phytochemistry 1, pharmacy mcq questions and answers, b pharmacy mcq app, b pharmacy mcq, b pharmacy mcq pdf, b pharmacy mcq website, pci b pharmacy mcq, #introduction #bpharm4thsem #pharmacognosy4thsemester B Pharma Pharmacy Notes download PDF, Best Handwritten notes of B Pharma Download Semester wise complete notes of B Pharma Pharmacy, Backbencher Notes pdf, Backbencher Notes, pharma lecture b pharma 4th semester, b pharma notes b pharmacy notes, pharmacy video lecture pharma lectures in hindi, Handwritten in Hindi B Pharma Pharmacy Notes download PDF, Best Handwritten notes of B Pharma, Download Semester wise complete notes of B Pharma Pharmacy, Backbencher Notes Notes pdf,