Alkaloids Most Important 90 MCQs with Solutions
Pharmacognosy-1 4th Semester MCQ Alkaloids
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Protoalkaloids are also called as:
a. Amino alkaloid
b. Pseudo alkaloid
c. True alkaloid
d. Extra alkaloid
2. The example of pseudoalkaloid is:
3. The ring structure present in strychnine is:
4. Drug is an example of amino alkaloid:
5. Deadly Nightshade is the common name of the drug:
6. Datura stramonium is standarised as:
a. Content of stramonium
b. Stramoninum as hyoscyamine
c. Content of total alkaloids calculated as
d. Total anti-cholinergic activity
7. Ergometrin is obtained from:
b. Higher plant
8. Find the ODD one out on the basis of chemical constituent:
9. Nux-vomica contains:
b. Indole alkaloids
10.Family of the Vinca is:
11. Which is NOT the use of Ergot?
b. Prevent post-partum hemorrhage
12. Nux vomica is NOT used as:
a. CNS stimulant
b. Bitter stomachic
13. Family of Ipecac is:
14. Which is NOT the use of Stramonium?
d. Control of Motion sickness
15. Which is NOT the chemical constituent that is naturally obtained from Opium?
16. Which is the active chemical constituent obtained from Ipecac?
17. Thorn apple’ is the synonym for the drug:
18. Which ergot alkaloid is water soluble?
19. Ergometrine shows ……configuration.
c. Racemic Mixture
20. Ergot contains large number of indole alkaloids, which are the derivatives of:
a. Lysergic acid
b. Benzoic acid
c. Cinnamic acid
d. Meconic acid
21. Which forms of the ergot alkaloids has biological importantance?
22. Ergot powder gives blue color with:
a. P-dimethyl amino benzaldehyde
23. Chemically Van-Urk’s reagent is :
b. Benzoic acid+Cinnamic acid
c. P-dimethylbenzoic acid
24. Crow fig is the synonym for the drug:
a. Strychnous nux vomica
b. Rauwolfia sepentina
c. Rauwolfia densiflora
d. Rauwolfia vometoria
25. Is NOT the botanical name of ephedra,
a. Ephedra sinica
C. Ephedra gerardiana
b. Ephedra equisentina
d. Ephedra officinale
26. Strychnous nux-vomica belongs to family:
27. Which of the following microscopic character NOT associated with nux-vomica?
a. Epidermis consist of lignified trichomes
b. Epidermis is followed by layer of collapsible cells
c. Endosperm shows presence of plasmodesma
d. Calcium oxalate crystal and starch grain
28. Non-Lignified characteristic of drug:
b. Cassia angustifolia
c. Strychnous nux vomica
d. Digitalis purpurea
29. When the transverse section of Nux vomica is treated with ammonium vanadate and sulphuric acid, the endospermic cells show purple colour, due to presence of:
30. When the transverse section of Nux vomica is treated with nitric acid, it shows yellow colour due to presence of:
31.Biological source of Nux vomica is:
a. Strycnous nux-vomica
b. Strychnous potatorum
c. Strychnous nux blanda
d. Strychnous wallichiana
32. The important chemical constituent of Rauwolfia is:
33. Reserpine, when treated with solution of vanillin in acetic acid shows… colour.
34. Diacetyl derivative of morphine is:
35. The opium alkaloids are present in plant as salt of:
a. Benzoic acid
b. Tartaric acid
c. Meconic acid
d. Acetic acid
36. Which compound is showing the most potent analgesic property?
37.Trukish opium is commonly known as:
a. Chemist opium
b. Druggist opium
c. Chinese opium
d. Chemist and druggist
38.Which is NOT the characteristic feature of alkaloid?
a. Complex molecular structure and nitrogen in the molecule
b. Basic in nature
c. Biosynthetically derived
d. Only acidic in nature
39.Jesuit’s bark is synonym of:
a. Coca leaves
40.Which alkaloid is NOT present in cinchona bark?
41. Which is NOT the prominent chemical constituent in Ipecac?
42.The pharmacological action of Ipecac is:
43.Papaverine, narcotine and narceine are under the chemical class….:
b. Benzyl isoquinoline
44.Papaverine shows pharmacological activity as:
45.Adulterants are distinguished on the basis of:
a. Presence of sclerenchyma
b. Absence of sclerenchyma
c. Presence of parenchyma
d. Absence of parenchyma
46.Major pharmacological action of Ephedrine is:
d. Bronchial asthma
a. Kidney failure
c. Heart failure
47.Morphine contains …….as main nucleus.
48.The characteristic NOT associated with alkaloids is:
a. They all contain nitrogen
b. Most of non-volatile alkaloids are solid
c. All the alkaloid contains sulphur
d. They are physiologically active
49………..is NOT used as expectorant.
50.Drug used as Antihypertensive is:
51………..is used as adrenergic drug.
52.Drug which is NOT used as anticancer:
53.Drug used as emetic is:
54.Drug used as bronchodilator is:
55.Drug used as antimalarial is:
56.Alkaloids are………type of substances.
d. Basic nitrogenous
57………is the botanical name of Ergot.
a. Claviceps purpurea
b. Ephedra sinica
c. Berberis mahonia
58…….. is the botanical name of kalopoko.
a. Cephalis ipecacuahna
b. Claviceps purpurea
59.Quinoline alkaloids are biosynthesized via which one of the following pathways?
a. Shikimic acid – tyrosine
b. Shikimic acid – tryptophan
c. Shikimic acid – cathinone
d. Shikimic acid – phenylalanine
60.Phenylethylisoquinoline is the precursor of which of the following alkaloids?
61…is the synonym of datura.
c. Deadly nightshade leaves
62……… is the chemical test for alkaloid.
a. Goldbeater skin test
b. Ninhydrin test
c. Gelatin test
63.Dugs having anti-cancer property is/are:
a. Methyl morphine
b. Diacetyl morphine
c. Butyl morphine
d. None of the above
65.Which drug contains quinazoline alkaloid?
66. Wagner reagent contains:
a. lodine + Kl water
b. KI+ bismuth iodide
d. Mercuric chloride + KI in water
67.Murexide test is used to detect:
68. Which of the following is known as “thorn apple”?
69. Which of the following contains alkaloid?
b. Glycirrhiza glabra
d. Mentha arvensis
a. Atropa belladona
c. Terminalia chebula
70.The action of Datura is:
d. All of the above
71.Vasaka contains……….basic moiety.
72.Opium contains………..oof morphine.
73.Picric acid is a chemical composition of:
a. Van urk’s reagent
b. Mayer reagent
c. Hager’s reagent
d. Wagner’s reagent
74. Which of the following is a steroidal alkaloid?
75.Anomocytic or Ranunculaceous type of stomata are present in:
d. All the above
76.Cruciferous stomata are characteristic of……….
77.In the life cycle of ergot ascospores are:
a. Sexual spores
b. Asexual spores
c. Candida spores
d. All of the above
78. The precursor for the biogenesis of tropane alkaloid is:
b. Phenyl alanine
79.Datura is………..bearing plant.
80. Which of the following have anticancer property?
81.Quinine is extracted from the bark of:
a. Papaver somniferum
b. Cannabis sativa
c. Claviceps purpurea
d. Cinchona pubescens
82.Heroin is a synthetic drug derived from:
d. Cinchona pubescens
83. Medicinally most important part of Rauwolfia is:
84………..is the botanical name of Taxus.
a. Claviseps purpurea
c. Cordyceps sinensis
85. Which of the following methods is used to get alkaloids in base form from plant material?
a. Adding ammoniumhydroxide and water to the pulverized drug
b. Making an extract with mineral acid and organic solvent
c. Making an extract with base and organic solvent
d. Adding mineral acid and water to the powdered drug
86.Atropine is a 1:1 mixture of D and L…………:
87.To which of the following types of compound does taxol belong?
b. Steroidal alkaloid
88. With which of the following tests can the alkaloids of deadly nightshade be identified?
a. The Marquis test
b. The Thalleioquin test
c. With cc. HNO3
d. The Vitali test
89.Hyoscine on hydrolysis gives:
a. Tropic acid + scopine
b. Tropic acid + tropine
c. Tropine + scopine
d. 2 scopine
90.Imidazole ring is absent in drug…..:
For More Visit:-
Backbencher Notes, pharmacognosy 4th semester mcq, pharmacognosy 4th semester alkaloids mcq, pharmacognosy 4th semester Backbencher Notes, pharmacognosy 4th semester b pharmacy, pharmacognosy mcqs with answers, pharmacognosy mcq, Pharmacognosy-1 4th Semester MCQ Alkaloids, pharmacognosy mcq questions, pharmacognosy mcq questions with answers, pharmacognosy 4th semester Alkaloids, pharmacognosy 4th semester, pharmacognosy d pharm 1st year, pharmacognosy d pharma 1st year, pharmacognosy 4th semester b pharmacy, pharmacognosy and phytochemistry 1, pharmacy mcq questions and answers, b pharmacy mcq app, b pharmacy mcq, b pharmacy mcq pdf, b pharmacy mcq website, pci b pharmacy mcq, #introduction #bpharm4thsem #pharmacognosy4thsemester B Pharma Pharmacy Notes download PDF, Best Handwritten notes of B Pharma Download Semester wise complete notes of B Pharma Pharmacy, Backbencher Notes pdf, Backbencher Notes, pharma lecture b pharma 4th semester, b pharma notes b pharmacy notes, pharmacy video lecture pharma lectures in hindi, Handwritten in Hindi B Pharma Pharmacy Notes download PDF, Best Handwritten notes of B Pharma, Download Semester wise complete notes of B Pharma Pharmacy, Backbencher Notes Notes pdf,